- The County Committee shall be composed of two members from each Election District in said County who shall be elected every four (4) years by the Republican Electors of the several Election Districts at the Spring Primary commencing Spring of 2010.
- The Elected Officers of the County Committee, if they are not already members of the County Committee as provided for in Article II Sec. 1. or Sec. 3.
- Any State Committee members, they are not already members of the County Committee as provided for in Article II Sec. 1 or Sec. 2.
- Members shall not possess more the one vote even if they meet the requirements to merit additional votes as provided for in Article II Sec. 1, Sec 2. Or Sec. 3.
Committeeman Committeewoman Powers and Duties Responsibilities
- Any Republican who is qualified elector and who supported the Republican ticket in the last preceding election and who has resided in the District for one year prior to his or her election, is eligible to membership on the County Committee.
- The County Committee in their respective districts shall have general control and management, under the advice and direction of the County Chairperson and the Vice-Chairperson, of the campaign in their district. They shall keep the County Chairperson fully advised of the political conditions and of their requirements in their respective district and look after the interests of the Republican Party at all elections.
- The County Chairperson shall call a special meeting of the Committee within ten days upon the request in writing of fifteen members of the Committee.
- No special meeting of the Committee shall be held unless at least ten days notice thereof shall be given in writing.
- Whenever it appears that any members of the County Committee is charged with not being a qualified Republican Elector or with being one who opposed to is about to oppose the Republican Party or any of its candidates or who neglects or refused to attend to the duties of an officer or member of the County Committee, or if any member should fail to attend three (3) consecutive meetings of the County Committee in person or by proxy, the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson after full hearing and careful investigation, finding the charges to be true, shall declared his or her place vacant and fill said vacancy as hereinafter provided.
Proxies – Any member of the Republican Committee who is unable to attend any meeting thereof may substitute and appoint a qualified Republican, to act and vote there as his or her proxy. The proxy shall be in writing, duly executed and attested by a witness.
[NOTE: Based upon Membership Rule 4 above, you should consider a qualified proxy as being a qualified Republican elector other than a qualified member of the committee or another qualified proxy.]